The Clemente Museum is currently hiring for an Events & Visitor Experience Manager
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Clemente Museum Events & Visitor Experience Manager
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Events & Visitor Experience Manager is responsible for scheduling, planning, and managing private events and overseeing Clemente Society Membership, wine usage, and inventory as well as merchandise fulfillment, stocking, display, sales, and inventory. This position also provides support for the day-to-day operations of the Clemente Museum.
This position reports to the Assistant Director and the Executive Director of the Clemente Museum. The work schedule will fluctuate based on activities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Note: The listed duties are illustrative and are not intended to describe every function that may be performed by this job.
- Work with the Owner of the Engine House 25 Winery and the Assistant Director of the Clemente Museum to provide event support and handle Tours and Tastings.
- Serve as the primary contact with clients to plan and coordinate details of events occurring within the Engine House 25 Building.
- Be the primary liaison and provide consistent communications between clients and Owner of Engine House Wines and the Assistant Director of Clemente Museum and other building staff. Provide clients with final decisions about events.
- As appropriate before an event: Provide guidance and oversight of preferred caterers, rental companies, and other vendors. Assist with hiring chefs or caterers if needed for internal winery or museum events.
- Prepare venue package and contracts. Follow up and ensure final payments and deposits are made.
- Maintain venue schedule in coordination with the winery, The Clemente Museum, and Rieder Photography.
- Develop relationships with potential event partners and community organizations.
- Be present for events and ensure the day of the event goes smoothly.
- Set up and clean up events to ensure careful diligence to and protection of the Museum and Winery collections and facility.
- Ensure deadlines and budgets are adhered to as well as end times for Tours Tastings and Events
- Provide timely follow-up to all clients and vendors before, during and after their events, including invoices, payments and receipts.
- Analyze each event’s performance and discuss with staff best practices and lessons learned.
- Order cheeseboards for tastings
- Send estimates and invoices and ensure payment is made before event.
- Maintain clear and consistent communications with all staff.
- Meet regularly with Engine House Owner, Clemente Museum Director and other staff
- Maintain list of members of the Clemente Society wine usage and inventory.
- Serve as primary contact with customers of the museum store and provide consistent communication with the building staff.
- Manage and coordinate merchandise shipments, pick-ups, and donations.
- Stock and maintain the museum gift shop and merchandise.
- Assist with cleaning and tidying of the facility.
- Assist with phone calls and emails.
- Assist with collecting and documenting tour and sales statistics.
- Analyze store performance and discuss with staff best practices and lessons learned.
- Meet regularly with Clemente Museum Assistant Director and other staff.
NECESSARY SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
- RAMP certification is required and will be covered by Engine House 25 Wines.
- Ability to supervise and manage staff members.
- Strong verbal communication skills and organizational skills.
- Intermediate or above level with Google Docs Editors Suite programs and other appropriate software as well as social media.
- Capable of carrying objects 45lbs. or lighter.
- Able to work days, evenings, and weekends as needed. Flexible to work additional hours during peak season
- Professional approach and appearance in relations with clients, vendors, guests, and staff
- Strategic Thinking
- Analyzing and Deciding/Problem Solving
- Planning and Organizing
- Achievement-Oriented Focus
- Adapting to Change and Stress
- Upholding Standards of Excellence
The wage for Events & Visitor Experience Manager is competitive and based on experience and qualifications.
To apply or for more information contact CJ Strauss at email@example.com